First Community Bank (FCB), is a commercial bank in Kenya, the largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya, the central bank and national banking regulator.
As of December 2013, the bank’s total assets were valued at about US$130.85 million (KES:11.305 billion), with shareholders’ equity of about US$14 million (KES:1.21 billion), and customer deposits of US$115 million (KES:9.932 billion).At that time, the bank was ranked number 33, by assets, out of 43 licensed banks in Kenya then.
First Community Bank was established in 2007 according to Sharia law by private Muslim investors in Kuwait, Kenya and Tanzania. The bank received a Kenyan commercial banking license the same year, and started operations in June 2008. The FCB is the first Kenya-based bank to operate according to the laws of Sharia. Since the founding of First Community Bank, another Sharia bank, the Gulf African Bank, has also received a commercial license from the Central Bank of Kenya.
The bank’s first subsidiary is FCB Takful Insurance Agency, in which it maintains 100% shareholding. The insurance agency was established in 2010.The bank also owns a second subsidiary, FCB Capital Limited, the first Sharia-compliant Investment Bank in Kenya. It also is wholly owned by First Community Bank.
Company Overview of First Community Bank, Ltd.
First Community Bank, Ltd. provides personal and business banking products and services. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
FCB Mihrab Building
Mez1, Ring Road Killimani
Founded in 2007
254 20 2843000
Key Executives For First Community Bank, Ltd.
Mr. Norbert Talam CPAHead of Finance, Acting CEO & Company SecretaryMr. Mohammed Jaffer A. LavingHead of OperationsMr. Hemed Hassan WangalwaHead of RetailMr. Ali Kamau MohammedSenior Manager of Risk, Compliance & SecurityCompensation as of Fiscal Year 2019.
Similar Private Companies By Industry
|African Banking Corporation Limited||Middle East/Africa|
|Bank Of Africa – Kenya Limited||Middle East/Africa|
|Chase Iman||Middle East/Africa|
|Co-opholdings Co-operative Society Limited||Middle East/Africa|
|Commercial Bank of Africa Limited||Middle East/Africa|
As of August 2014, the bank maintains a network of branches at the following locations:
- Wabera Street Branch – Prudential Assurance Building, Wabera Street, Nairobi
- Eastleigh Branch I – United Textile Building, First Avenue, Eastleigh, Nairobi
- Eastleigh Branch II – General Warungu Street, Eastleigh, Nairobi
- Industrial Area Branch – Enterprise Road, Nairobi
- Kimathi Street Branch – Jamia Mosque, Nairobi
- Westlands Branch – Mpaka Plaza, Mpaka Road, Westlands, Nairobi
- South C Branch – South C Shopping Center, Nairobi
- Garissa Branch – Bajweed Building, Wajir Road, Garissa
- Habaswein Branch – DC Road, Habaswein
- Industrial Area Branch – Enterprise Road, Industrial Area, Nairobi
- Kisumu Branch – CAC House, Oginga Odinga Street, Kisumu
- Nakuru Branch – Merica Hotel Building, Kenyatta Avenue, Nakuru
- Malindi Branch – Malindi Shopping Complex, Lamu Road, Malindi
- Masalani Branch – Downtown Masalani, Masalani
- Mombasa Branch I – Shah Mansion Building, Digo Road, Mombasa
- Mombasa Branch II – Kazingo Road, Mombasa
- Moyale Branch – Sharriff Guest House, Moyale
- Wajir Branch – Mandera Road, Wajir
FCB Branch Codes
1 Wabera Street 74001
2 Eastleigh 74002
3 Mombasa 1 74003
4 Garissa 74004
5 Eastleigh 11 74005
6 Malindi 74006
7 Kisumu 74007
8 Kimathi 74008
9 Westlands 74009
10 South C 74010
11 Industrial Area 74011
12 Masalani 74012
13 Habasweni 74013
14 Wajir 74014
15 Moyale 74015
16 Nakuru 74016
17 Mombasa 2 74017
18 Head Office/Clearing Centre 74999