Since the voter list is derived from the national Identity card data base one has to apply for an Identity card as follows:
- The individual who wishes to obtain a Rwandan national identity card needs to go to the relevant office and prove his or her identity and origin,either with a birth certificate or with a letter from a local leader at the cell administrative level attesting to the applicant’s identity.
- The persons particulars are taken and an Identity card is printed
- It is the Identity card that one uses as a voters card
A copy of your national identity card
Office Locations & Contacts
Republic of Rwanda National ID Agengy
Kigali City, Gasabo District, Kimihurura
Sector, Road N KG 119 ST,
former Avenue du Lac Muhazi, commonly known as Ku Kabindi .
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Rwanda National Electoral Commission
P.O.Box. 6449 Kigali
Ads by Google
In accordance with Article 10 of the 2010 Electoral Law, persons eligible to register on the voters register must be a citizen of Rwanda, at least 18 years of age.
The service is free of charge
The voters card is valid for period of Seven years.
Less than 24 hours
- The Voter Lists are initially drawn from the National ID card database
- They are then updated through a process of public verification.
- The photos from the National ID database are incorporated onto the Final Voter List used at the polling stations on Election Day.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid Identity Number
Need for the Document
One of the ways through which Rwandan exercise their rights is through voting for their president and representatives.To do this one has to be registered as voter on the national voter register.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
This document can be used as identification card.