Airtel money is a money transfer service offering from Airtel Mobile Commerce Uganda limited. The service allows you to load cash into your mobile phone and pay for goods and services as well as transfer cash. Services Currently Offered: Cash in(deposits) Cash out (withdraws)
What is Airtel money?
Airtel Money is a mobile commerce service from Airtel that allows you to use your mobile phone as an electronic wallet. Customers can load money into their mobile phones which is then converted to electronic money. The e-Money can then be used 24 hours 7 days a week
With Airtel Money, you can use your mobile phone to do the following:
- Buy Airtime/Data/Voice bundles for yourself, friends and family anytime
- Pay for goods and services like Electricity, Water, Pay TV e.t.c
- Send money to and withdraw money from your bank account
- Send money from your Airtel Money account to other Airtel money customers
- Send money from your Airtel Money account to any phone owner or user in Uganda
- Receive money on your Airtel Money account from friends and family
- Deposit physical cash for electronic money (float)
- Withdraw cash from your Airtel money account
- Use your mobile phone to check your bank balance and request for mini bank statement
- Borrow and Save your E-money’s
How do i activate my Airtel Money?
- Dial *185#
- Select Option 1
- Set new PIN
- Re-enter new PIN to confirm
Do i need to have a minimum amount in my Airtel Money account like some banks ask for?
No. You can have as little money in your Airtel Money account as you like.
Can i send money from my Airtel Money account to people on other networks?
Yes, you can send money to people on any network within Uganda (MTN, Africell, UTL etc)
Can i top up a prepaid account of any other network in Uganda using Airtel Money?
No. the only airtime / top –up you can buy using Airtel Money is for Airtel prepaid accounts including your own if it is prepaid.
Can i pay my Airtel Post-paid account bills using Airtel Money?
Yes you can.
Can i register for Airtel Money if I am not an Airtel customer?
No. Registration for Airtel Money services is only available for subscribers on the Airtel network, so you will need to acquire an Airtel SIM card and become an Airtel subscriber.
Who are the Airtel Money agents?
Airtel Money Agents are, Airtel Money branded partners that provide Airtel Money services. The range and type of agents are continuously being extended to maximize coverage and convenience to include Banks, Supermarkets, small merchants, petrol station chains and even sole proprietorship. If you are interested in becoming an agent, please call the agent helpline by dialling 100
I am below 18 years. Can I register for Airtel money?
If you are below 18 years, you can register an Airtel money account, but only in the name of your parent or an authorized guardian. This is because you are considered a minor and as such cannot enter into contract with another party.
What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is a function of Airtel Money that enables subscribers to perform banking activities with their mobile phones;
- Deposit money from Airtel Money to Bank Airtel Money to Bank transaction is a request to transfer/deposit cash from your mobile wallet to your bank account anytime at your convenience using your mobile phone.
- Withdraw money from Bank to Airtel Money Bank to Airtel Money is a request to withdraw money from your bank account to your mobile wallet account using your mobile phone anytime at your convenience.
- Bank Statement Airtel Money allows you to view your Bank Statement using your mobile phone anytime at your convenience
- Check Balance Airtel Money allows you to check your Bank account balance using your mobile phone anytime at your convenience
How can I link my Bank account with my Airtel Money account?
To link your bank account with your Airtel money account, you must fill in and authorize/sign the account linkage with our partner banks that you have an account with.
What do I do in case of the wrong transfer?
The case with wrong Airtel Money transfer should be negligible as you will always have a chance to review the transaction details for confirmation before submission to the Airtel Money system. If however, you send money to the wrong number, immediately call Airtel Customer Care Centre (100) within 7 days of performing the transaction. Once the case has been lodged in, Airtel will endeavour to reverse the funds back to the sender. This process takes 24 hrs.
- Please keep in mind that Airtel will not be liable if the funds have already been withdrawn by the receiving party, or sent from one person to another subsequently.
- We strongly advise you to re-confirm your transaction before clicking on the Send / OK key.
I did not get the SMS transaction confirmation from the Airtel Money system?
There might be a number of reasons for this:
- Your SMS Inbox is full so delete some SMS’s to make space for new ones.
- On some occasions there may be a delay in receiving your confirmation SMS from Airtel Money. If you do not receive SMS confirmation within 20 minutes, kindly call Customer Care on 100 who will advise on the status of your transaction on the Airtel Money system.
What if I lose my phone / SIM card? Will I lose my Airtel Money?
Airtel Money services are safe even if you lose your phone. All your transactions are protected by the highest level of security and your PIN. You can replace your SIM card in any of our Airtel outlet facilities. Your Airtel Money account will be immediately available to you following completion of the SIM card replacement process. As soon as you find out that your phone is lost or stolen immediately alert Customer Care on 100.
Where can I cash-in (deposit money into my phone) or cash-out (withdraw money from my phone)?
Cash-in and cash-out can be done at any Airtel Shop, Airtel distributor shop, Authorized Airtel Money agent outlet or any of our Partner banks nationwide.
Can I track my last 4 activities on my Airtel Money Account?
You can track all your Airtel Money account activities directly from your phone by dialling *100# Choose option 10 (My account) choose option 4 (My last 4 Transactions).
How safe is my Money on my Airtel Money Account?
Your money is safe since every transaction uses a very high encryption standard that adheres to highest banking security standards and your PIN. In addition to this your airtime account and Airtel Money account are kept separate.
What are the charges for Airtel Money transactions?
The Transation Fee due to Airtel will be automatically deducted from your Airtel Money account for chargeable transactions depending on transacted amount. In addition to this Airtel will from time to time publish transaction fees.